Sunday, August 24, 2014

Practice Post

Outline

A. All about me
B. All about my life
C. Why I want to be a teacher
D. What I see as the teachers role in the 21st century
E. My passions
F. Interesting facts about me.


Hi!! My name is Sabrina, I just turned 28 on August 8th. I grew up in Mobile,AL and lived here till I was 17 and joined the Air Force. I traveled to Texas, California, Colorado and Mississippi. I was never deployed, although I applied several times, but it was for the best. I was a Aeromedical Technician, meaning I was the medic who worked on the planes. Because of this, I worked in the medical field for over 10 years. I have a 7 year old little girl named Keely, who is my world and is my mini me with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Last year I got married to my first high school crush, took 10 years for us to reconnect from high school. He is a foreman for Koch Specialty Plant Services and works out of town approximately 7-9 months a year. We are expecting our first child together in February 2015. He is the main reason I am attending South now. I was attending Faulkner State Community College for several years pursuing my RN, but last year I confessed to my husband that I always secretly wanted to be an Elementary teacher. So we decided I would quit my job and go to school full time. I started last August and finished my prerequisites at Faulkner and this is my first semester at South. I am really excited about the prospect of being in the classroom. I love children and have a passion for them some would say.

I love teaching children and seeing their faces light up when they learn something new. I took a break from the medical field for about 2 years and taught preschool during that break. It was the best two years of my life. I loved getting to know each individual child and learning from them how to teach them best. They are all different and therefore learn differently. Some where more hands on where others could just listen. I think the most important job in the world is being an Elementary Teacher, because they are the ones who install the love learning in a child at an early age. A good teacher can make an enormous impact on a little ones mind.

Having that impact on little ones mind is a huge responsibility and it changes over time to keep up with the change in the world. The 21st century is one of the most diverse centuries yet. Now the children need to learn how to use computers confidently and competently just to make it in life. Even for the nursing fields! So it is the teachers responsibility to learn electronics and expand those children's mind to the world of computers and media. And while expanding those minds, they have to teach all the traditional subjects too. It makes it easier if the teacher loves learning, this shows the children how fun it can be, especially since they have a long learning career ahead of them.

I have a few passions, teaching being one of them. But I am also an avid reader (when I am not in school, otherwise I feel really guilty) and I use to go snowboarding every weekend when I was stationed in California. I also LOVE to sing, but haven't done it in front of people in a very long time. My absolute passion though, that tops it all is my family (My husband and Keely). I love being a mother and a wife more than anything in this world. There is nothing that can bring a smile to my face and warm my heart faster than hearing them tell me they love me. And there is no greater feeling than seeing my little girls smiling face after school, running up to give me a big hug and being excited to see me. It can turn even the worst days into the best!
my little family


I guess I could finish up with a few interesting facts about me. Well, you already know about the singing and snowboarding, but I have also jumped out of a plane during the Air Force training. I will never do that again though! I have never been to Disney World (weird I know), but I am planning on going because I LOVE anything Disney! I read a lot, but only the weird stuff as my husband says. I read all the Twilight books, all the Mortal Instruments(the City of Bones movie was the first book), things of that nature. I am in love with all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Jack Sparrow is hilarious!! My husband says I am such a nerd, but I hide it well until I am around people I'm comfortable with. A nerd in disguise I guess! And that's all me...

No comments:

Post a Comment